Many moons ago, (ok, only 4 years) when I turned 25, something remarkable happened--I stopped being able to control my tears. They just come. Folger's commercials, Hallmark commercials, Friends episodes, How I Met Your Mother episodes, and then of course the expected: weddings, graduations, baby showers, church, chapel on Friday with my students, Monday mornings. My tears are not judgemental; they treat every occasion equally. DH can always tell when I've been crying because the tip of my nose turns bright red and my eyes an equally bright green. When I was a little girl, crying because my baby sister had gotten hurt, my dad told me that his eyes did the same thing--because the white part gets so red, the green just stands out. Somehow, this has always made crying seem prettier to me.
I don't watch much TV, but DH and I do enjoy The Voice on NBC. Last night, one of the final contestants sang "You Raise Me Up." I cried, or more like, I wept. This song is so beautiful and Chris Mann's voice is unbelievable. I hope I am strong enough to listen--truly listen--to the lyrics of this song because as we know, having faith can be quite a booger sometimes.
Enjoy with a box of tissues :)
5 comments:
You only need to look at my post for the 28th of April to know I am right there with you. Hi J, I am Em and I too am a cry-a-holic.
I cried today waiting for the nurse to do my ultrasound, and when I got my voicemail saying we were ok to start the BCP for our IVF cycle. I went to the altar on Sunday evening at church and had the loud cryies. I cry ALL THE TIME. =) I've come to realize that I'm just emotional.
Well, he certainly gives Josh Groban a run for his money! I love this song, thanks for sharing this version.
I could have written this myself except my crying spells have just started within the last couple of years. I used to be Ms. Toughness and all of the sudden I am a bowl of mush! My husband just waits for it every time we watch tv. It surprises me every time I start crying over nothing!! ;)
This is such an amazing song... we played it at Gabrielle's funeral and it bring tears to my eyes everytime I hear it. The Voice is big here in Oz too. Thinking of you and sharing your tears xoxo
Post a Comment