Friday, February 8, 2013

Post 2: pictures, pictures, and more pictures


Firstly, some background about Sparky turning 30.  Sparky has always been Peter Pan, never wanting to grow up.  So much so that we threw him a Peter Pan-themed birthday party (complete with little kid goodie bags--ok they had mini bottles in them...) when he turned 27.  and hooks.  We wore hooks.

2010
Needless to say, accepting 30 has been quite a task for him.  He said he kept thinking of it as just his birthday rather than turning 30.  It was very important to me that he feel incredibly special on his 30th birthday, so at his party, I asked everyone to bring one of his "favorite things," something that reminded them of him.  The turnout was amazing and Sparky was definitely surprised by the gifts.  I also made him a beer cake.

And his birthday cake was pineapple upside cake with buttercream frosting.  AWESOME recipe

On a completely different note, Sparky is a great photog and tried his hand at some maternity photos.  Honestly, these photos are as good as if not better than the ones I paid for.  Sad to say, Sparky was right and I probably shouldn't have paid for pictures.  These were at 35 weeks I believe, when the belly was still manageable. 

would like to  brighten up the right side of my face...still learning the software
 
Wish I would've moved the blanket on the crib. How can I photo shop that out?!


7 comments:

Michelle said...

For the crib picture.... Mirror the right side of the crib to the left side. Line up the rails and do a little touch up with color if the lighting is off.... (Think the stamp tool, which is alt and click where you want to match on the picture). Or you could smudge the colors if they are pretty small....

DDaugherty said...

Pics look fantastic!!! Way to go, Sparks!!

JB said...

Thanks for the editing tip. I'm getting a little better, but still learning. I JUST tried the stamp tool the other day. I will go home and try and figure this out!

Elizabeth :: Bébé Suisse said...

Love the beer cake, am craving a slice of the real thing, and your pictures are absolutely gorgeous! Good work, Sparky - although he did have rather an easy subject ....

Breathe Gently said...

You look fantastic!!!! xxx

Tabaitha said...

I absolutely love the pictures Trevor took of you!

Court said...

You look so beautiful!