Friday, July 13, 2012

Nine Weeks

In the name of trying to embrace and be truly excited about baby, I thought I'd do a weekly update.  Yes, I'm still a little nervous.  But, even if something does happen, at least I'll have a record of the happiness I experienced. So if you're in a difficult spot right now and I know many of you are, please don't feel compelled to read this.  I will still love you :)

Nine Weeks...

Size of Baby: A green olive (like almost an inch)

Total Weight Loss/Gain: up 5 pounds already.  I'm hoping I was underweight to begin with. How in the world have I gained 5 pounds?!

Maternity Clothes: nothing really. I did put on a Gap maternity shirt today (thanks Steph!) just because it was long and comfy, not to show off any bump at all.  I had to use a hairband to close my pants yesterday, but they were my skinny pants anyway.

Gender: DH thinks boy, everyone else seems to think girl. I have no feelings one way or the other.

What I miss: dirty martinis. I was watching Sex and the City last night and just kept thinking, all I really want right now is a dirty martini, with like 6 olives. The olive thing creeps me out considering that's the baby's size right now. I'd rather not equate the baby with martini olives, thank you.

Cravings: cheese, watermelon, ice cream at night. Mexican food

Symptoms:  nauseous all morning and then from about 6pm on.  Night is the worst, but no throwing up yet.  Tired. Boobs are a full A cup! (that's the best thing ever, coming from a girl who barely filled out a AA).

Best Moment of the Week: Seeing the baby on Monday.  It has arms and legs now!

Next appointment: Wednesday, July 18. Last appointment with my RE.

1 comment:

Tabaitha said...

Love that you are embracing the happiness! I always craved wine and margarita's while pregnant.